We fabricate Silicone Seals and much more
The fabrication department at Silex has an extensive range of machinery for cutting gaskets and silicone seals from solid and sponge sheet and washers and sleeves from tubing. Excellent tolerance bands on dimensional aspects are guaranteed.
Silex also manufactures joined silicone seals from extruded sections and cords with a variety of special fabrications and assemblies, sometimes incorporating non-silicone items such as valves or connectors.
Hold and Cold bonding for Silicone Seals
The Silex portfolio includes hot and cold adhesive bonding, mitre corner bonding and our film joining technique. The latter uses a thin layer of silicone rubber rather than an adhesive and is bonded under pressure to form a semi-moulded joint. This is stronger than adhesive and ideal for curtain wall construction gaskets.
Our technical department is constantly developing new techniques and processes to give the widest choice of possibilities and solutions.
Silex’s fabrication department offers a range of services for producing seals, washers and gaskets to tight tolerances.
- Waterjet Cutting – a very precise solution for even small batch productions. All we need is a drawing
- Blade Cutting – a low cost, high precision method of producing gaskets and washers to either hand-cut or punch washers, seals or gaskets
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Backing – PSA backing can be applied to any flat surface quickly and cost-efficiently
- Assembly with Non-Silicone Items – such as valves and connectors
- Film Joining – Using a film of silicone rubber compound and curing with pressure and heat to form an extremely strong joint
- Cold Adhesive Bonding – Using a silicone adhesive to bond items
- Mitre Corner Bonding – A precise method of bonding corners, popular for seals and gaskets for angled surfaces
- Moulding – producing moulded seals, washers and gaskets (rather than cutting or punching from sheet) with exceptionally precise, clean edges
- Versatile and efficient to produce
- Solid or sponge options available
- Available from any of our stock material grades, or in special grades, colours and special effects by request
- Assembly including non-silicone items such as connectors or valves
Silicone Seals, Washers & Gaskets
Enquire about Silicone Seals and Washers
Our expert team will guide you through the process to source and manufacture any Silicone Seals you need, including silicone gaskets and washers.
Can we help you?
If you’d like to discuss your idea, requirements or application with a member of our technical team, fill out the form below or contact us.
"*" indicates required fields