Silex offers a range of manufacturing methods for producing silicone rubber O-rings, including bonding cord, strip or tubing into rings, or moulding them for ultra-precise O-Rings without a join.
Unlike other kinds of O-Rings, silicone offers excellent temperature, chemical and environmental resistance and Silex can produce in a wide range of material grades including FDA compliant and high/low temperature options.
Silicone O-Rings are excellent for sealing applications requiring longevity, Ozone and UV radiation resistance.
O-Rings can be quickly and cost-effectively produced from any of our stock materials, or we can extrude sections in special materials, colours, hardnesses or sizes for joining on request.
Where a join isn’t acceptable, O-Rings can be moulded with a small tooling charge.
Silex stocks cords, which can be fabricated into O-Rings in the following material grades:
- High and low temperature grades
- Shore hardnesses from 40-70° shore A
- Metal detectable – popular in food and beverage and pharmaceutical applications
- Fluorosilicone – with superior resistance to fuels and volatile liquids
- Sponge grades, including an FDA approved sponge
- Can be produced in many hardnesses and sizes
- Sponge and solid
- Joined or moulded versions
- Superior weathering, ozone and UV resistance
- Cryogenic applications
- Pumps, connectors and valves, particularly in food and beverage and pharmaceutical industries
- Seals and Gaskets
Can we help you?
If you’d like to discuss your idea, requirements or application with a member of our technical team, fill out the form below or contact us.
"*" indicates required fields