A very popular product, we hold white, translucent and red-oxide stocks of Silex silicone cords in a medium hardness of 60Sh A, as well as a newly added softer 40Sh A material, currently stocked in translucent.
Additionally, we stock a range of ‘Jewellery Cords’ – a range of smaller diameter cords (1mm to 5mm) in a wide variety of attractive colours including our popular ‘Glimmersil’. We also stock a metal detectable grade cord, which comes in blue as standard.
All Silex solid cords are compliant to FDA 177.2600 and EC 1935/2004 standards.
These cords can be supplied in coil form, cut to length or joined into O Rings with silicone adhesive.
Made to tight tolerances, Silex cords can be made to specification for a multitude of sealing applications.
- 40 Shore Solid Cord – produced in translucent as standard and stocked in diameters from 3mm to 12mm
- 60 Shore Solid Cord – produced in translucent, white, blue and red oxide as standard and stocked in diameters from 1mm to 30mm
- 70 Shore Solid Cord – produced in red oxide as standard and stocked in diameters from 3mm to 10mm
- Metal Detectable Solid Cord – popular in food processing and stocked in blue. Diameters from 1mm to 12mm held in stock
- Fluorosilicone Solid Cord – noted for its resistance to harsh organic solvents and petroleum based fluids. Available in 40-70 Shore A hardness in any standard colour (6-8 week lead time)
- Resistant to ozone, oxidation, ultraviolet light, corona discharge, cosmic radiation, ionising radiation and weathering in general
- Bfr Compliant
- WRAS Compliant
- FDA 177.2600 Compliant
- EC 1935/2004 Compliant
- Available in a range of colours, hardnesses, sizes and material grades
Can we help you?
If you’d like to discuss your idea, requirements or application with a member of our technical team, fill out the form below or contact us.
"*" indicates required fields